Hello, friends of Esty Skin Studio! Allow myself…to introduce…myself. My name is John Chapman and I am the new marketing manager and soon-to-be husband of owner and skin guru, Jessica Nelson.
I’ll admit, we’ve slacked on the blogging. And good blogging is a good thing. So we’re back, and I’m steering this here post to the gents in the audience.
“Dudes don’t get facials”.
I remember thinking this to myself every time Jessica tried to get me to come in for a service. But that was a while ago. And as I age like a fine red wine, resting peacefully in an Oaken barrel in the basement of a secret speakeasy, my opinions on what it means to be a “modern man” are ever evolving.
I believe the modern man takes care of “things”. He pays attention to details. He puts his best foot forward at all times.
And while footwear is very important, there’s nothing more important than your face. Turns out, people kinda HAVE to look at it when they’re talking to you. Therefore, you must take care of it. So…without further ado, I present to you my take on why you should be getting regular facials.
1. She really IS looking at the blackheads on your nose. But, what’s a blackhead? Well, the skin on your nose is made up of hundreds of little holes called “pores”. When excess oil builds up, it sits in these holes and ends up looking black to the naked eye. During a facial, there’s an “extraction” session, where these blackheads are removed. You end up looking less like a dirty golf ball and more like Sean Connery. Well hello, Monneypenny…
2. Smooths Crow’s Feet. These are the wrinkles that extend horizontally from the corners of your eyes and are associated with age; old men have Crow’s Feet – GQ models do not. Regular facials include massage of the entire face, including the muscles around the eye. When these muscles are worked, they become more “taut” and toned, which lessens the contrast effect of Crow’s Feet.
3. Helps remove ingrown hairs from shaving. No explanation needed here. The use of steam and exfoliating enzymes during regular facials loosens these hairs so they can be removed through extraction.
4. Relieves nasal allergies. Most of us know that Austin provides some of the worst allergenic conditions of any city in the country. Combat this with pressure-point therapy and massage of the sinuses that are a part of regular facials.
5. DE-STRESS! Seems like the most obvious one, doesn’t it? Stress is a killer and we must do all that we can to avoid it. Plus, you never really get how much stress we hold in our faces until you have someone working on said face for 30 minutes. With regular facials you walk in, a pile of rocks – you leave, a melting candle. Enough said.
Hope you enjoyed my soap-box on men and facials! I myself try to get one every 6-8 weeks and look/feel better for it.
If what you’ve read above vibes with your sense of the “modern man”, I’d encourage you to check out what Esty has to offer. Facials start at just $35 for 30 minutes. And if you wanna go for the gusto, perhaps try out the “Louis Armstrong Facial”. It Includes cleanse, analysis, steam, extractions, aromatic warm towel, shiatsu facial massage and a wintergreen mask to tighten pores…all while relaxing to the classic tunes of Louis Armstrong.
Call 512-903-8225 to book today or click below for an entire menu of the tailored facials available at Esty…
- John Chapman, marketing manager